The following policies govern the iOi Summit. They were developed in conjunction with federal/state/local laws, venue policies and NAR policies. Sources are listed for each policy, where possible.
General Meeting Policies
Your Name Badge & Access Pass
Your name badge identifies you as a meeting participant and must be worn at all times during the iOi Summit.
Unauthorized Solicitation and Distribution of Materials
Solicitation of business on the premises of the trade expo by anyone other than official NAR conference exhibitors is strictly prohibited. Solicitation of business in sessions and meetings is entirely prohibited.
Distribution of flyers, pamphlets, notices and brochures in any session of the NAR conference, without the prior written consent of NAR, is expressly prohibited.
2021 iOi Attendees
The ideas and opinions offered at educational programs presented during this conference are solely those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the position, policy or opinion of the National Association of REALTORS®. The ideas and opinions presented in these education sessions and the products and services displayed by exhibitors associated with the conference should not be construed as a recommendation or endorsement of the ideas, opinions, products or services by the National Association of REALTORS®. In issues affecting legal, financial or accounting matters, members should also consult trained professionals to address their individual situations.
Video and Photo Consent
The National Association of REALTORS® will be conducting video recording and still photography of meetings, sessions and events during the iOi Summit for use in connection with future educational, promotional and marketing activities of the association. Your participation in the iOi Summit constitutes your consent to be photographed and video and audio recorded and to all uses of the images and recordings so created.
Video and Photo Usage
NAR reserves the right to restrict audio and video recording at the iOi Summit or other related events. Attendees agree to adhere to any restrictions relating to the recording of the iOi Summit and related events. Failure to comply with such restrictions may result in an attendee’s removal from iOi Summit or a related event, without a right of readmission, reimbursement or other compensation.
Sessions and Meeting Policies
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. The venue fire marshal reserves the right to close a session when the room for the iOi Summit or other related event has reached maximum capacity. Cell phones should be silenced. NAR reserves the right to remove any guest who is disruptive.
Presentation materials are copyrighted by the speakers, their companies, or others from whom they have received permission to use. Written permission from the speaker is required before publishing or distributing presentation materials.
The National Association of REALTORS® works with convention centers, hotels, vendors and the meetings industry to provide a more health-conscious and green environment for meetings and to encourage green practices, conservation and recycling at all meetings.
Allergens and Food Safety
Allergens may be present in food served at the iOi Summit and related events. It is the responsibility of each attendee to contact the catering staff or show management about specific food allergies.
Weapons and Conceal and Carry
Please note that the locations in which the iOi Summit are held are gun-free zones. Attendees are required to adhere to venue policies regarding firearms and weapons and are also required to adhere to all federal, state and local laws regarding firearms.
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the iOi Summit and related events.
Statement of Appropriate Event Conduct
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) strives to provide an event experience that is positive and rewarding for everyone. By attending the iOi Summit and/or related events, you agree to abide by this Statement of Appropriate Event Conduct. All attendees (including without limitation NAR members, guests, exhibitors and vendors) are expected to conduct themselves professionally and with good judgment and common sense. That means at all times being respectful of others and of the venues in which events are held, including while in transit to and from such venues. This includes all meetings, sessions, and events, as well as any mobile applications or platforms associated with the iOi Summit.
NAR aims to provide a safe event experience for all attendees and does not tolerate inappropriate behavior or harassment in any form. Inappropriate behavior includes harassing or defamatory verbal or written comments, displays of illicit images or use of illicit language, threats, intimidation and unwanted physical contact.
If, at any time, you feel threatened or harassed, you are encouraged to report the incident directly to police via 911 or contact a show management staff member. Staff can be found at Registration or in the Staff Office. Please include the date, time, location and a description of the incident being reported. Attendees who violate this Statement of Appropriate Event Conduct may be asked to leave the event without a refund. In addition, the attendee may not be permitted to participate in future NAR events at the discretion of the association management.
We value your attendance and thank you for your cooperation to ensure a safe experience for all.
- NAR gathers the following types of information:
- Contact information You provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone numbers, email addresses).
- Tracking information which NAR’s Web server automatically recognizes each time You visit one of NAR’s sites or communicate with NAR by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages You visit).
- Information You volunteer, via registration, applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
- NAR uses this information to:
- Notify You of information related to the iOi Summit, the Pitch Battle, NAR meetings, NAR events, or NAR.
- Connect You with other Pitch Battle contestants and/or iOi Summit attendees.
- Share with iOi Summit, Pitch Battle and Third-Party Providers, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising for Your participation or any other contract NAR enters into with them or You or to provide You with information, products and services that you request from NAR.
- Share with iOi Summit sponsors and partners, only if you opt-in to receive information about their products, services and promotional information.
- Be provided in iOi Summit meeting materials which includes the iOi Summit Pitch Book.
- Email contact information. NAR does not share, sell, or trade email addresses, except that state and local REALTOR® association staff and leadership email addresses may be listed in the REALTOR® membership directories available on nar.realtor. NAR may use Your email address to directly send You information and may provide You with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by NAR together with other communications to which You have subscribed.
- NAR follows generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites. NAR tests their security procedures regularly and modifies them as new technologies become feasible.
- NAR utilizes a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs.
- You may edit your personal contact information directly by contacting NAR at email@example.com
- Do-Not-Track Disclosure: Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that allows You to communicate to websites that You do not want to have your online activities tracked. NAR’s system does not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers at this time.
Protecting children’s privacy is extremely important to NAR. The Site, the iOi Summit and the Pitch Battle are not intended for the use of or designed to attract the attention of children. Registration for the iOi Summit and/or participation in the Pitch Battle is available only to those 18 or older or individuals, and those under the age of 18, who have written consent from his/her parent or legal guardian. NAR does not collect personal information from anyone NAR knows to be under the age of 18 unless there has been written consent from the individual’s parent or legal guardian. Children under 18 must not send or submit to NAR any information without written consent from their parent or legal guardian. If an individual believes his/her child under the age of 18 has registered for the iOi Summit or the Pitch Battle or provided NAR with information through the site without consent, please email NAR at firstname.lastname@example.org and NAR will use reasonable efforts to delete their account and remove their information, subject to the limitations stated above.
Links to third-party web sites may appear on some pages within the Site for your convenience and information. Using these links will cause You to access web sites that are not part of the Site. NAR recommends that You carefully review the privacy policies of each site You visit. In addition, although You may be registering for the Pitch Battle through a Third-Party Provider site (such as Google Forms), NAR does not operate or control those third-party services. You should review the privacy policies and privacy settings on such services before deciding to use them for your registration and account services.